Do you wish you were more prepared for your professional teeth cleaning? Well, we are happy to help you! Your professional teeth cleaning appointments are very beneficial and they help you achieve the best oral health possible. During your appointment, you can expect the following steps:
1. Deep Cleaning: After welcoming you into our office, our hygienist will guide you to the comfortable and cozy room where you will receive your cleaning. Then, your hygienist will deeply clean your teeth, removing the plaque that lives on the surfaces of your teeth. This is the best and only way to reduce and eliminate the risks associated with periodontal disease.
2. Polishing: After your teeth are free of plaque, your hygienist will polish your teeth with a small tool that tickles your teeth as it passes over them. This treatment will leave a gritty feeling in your mouth, but it will be fixed when you rinse your mouth with cool water throughout the process.
3. Flossing: Flossing is a very important technique that helps you achieve the strong and healthy teeth you deserve. At your appointment, your hygienist will thoroughly floss your teeth to free the excess food and substances that are stuck in your smile. This is also a beneficial process because it deeply cleans the hard-to-reach places of your mouth.
4. Fluoride Treatment: Once your mouth is thoroughly cleaned, your hygienist will give you a flavored fluoride treatment that will be in the form of a foam, gel, or varnish. When the fluoride is placed into your mouth, you will be asked to wait for a few minutes. During this time, the fluoride minerals will soak into your teeth and will strengthen and nourish them. Then the time is up, you will remove the fluoride and rinse your mouth.
5. X-Rays: To conclude your cleaning, your dentist will come into the room and help the hygienist take x-rays of your teeth, roots, and underlying bone. When the images develop, your dentist will examine the x-ray and identify any problems you might have.
If you would like more information about your professional teeth cleaning and how it can help you, call our office today and talk to a member of our team. We are happy to help you achieve your oral health goals in the best possible way!